Journey Of Hope Breaking The Poverty Cycle
The Journey of Hope project, funded by Spreeha Foundation (USA), a voluntary organization based in Seattle, aims to break the cycle of poverty by providing healthcare, education and skills training to underprivileged individuals in the Rayer Bazar Community of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
In partnership with Spreeha Bangladesh since the year of 2013, the project uses a holistic approach to ending poverty and has successfully been able to impact 49,705 lives as of May, 2017.
Journey of Hope provides the following services:
– Access to physicians, medication, and education to improve general health
– Prenatal and postnatal care services
– Immunization and child health education programs
– Special health programs (i.e. eye clinic, birth registration)
– Family planning services
– Pharmacy and pathology services
– Pre-school programs for children ages 3-5 years
– After-school tutorial support for children of age 6+ years
– Special programs and study tours to help scholastic advancement
– Adolescent girls’ clubs to educate them on their rights and develop leadership skill
– Provide skills training and marketing support
Spreeha Bangladesh inspires change by empowering people. With use of creative solutions, Spreeha enables individuals and communities to rise above social barriers. Spreeha envisions a world where people and communities are empowered to achieve their full potential.
Spreeha Bangladesh Foundation is a Bangladesh based non-profit established in 2012, and was registered under the Trust Act II of 1882, on 7th May, 2014. It is also registered with NGO Affairs Bureau (Reg. 2957, dated 13th August, 2015) for receiving foreign donations and grants.
9th floor, Grameen Telecom Bhaban, Mirpur 1,
+880 960 600 5050